The Official Litepaper of Neopets Metaverse, last updated March 2023.
Have you ever visited the Money Tree, taken a slice of the giant omelette, or watched the Wheel of Monotony spin for 23 hours?
If you have, then you already know Neopets!
If that was all gibberish to you, then kindly let us explain:
Neopets is the iconic virtual pet browser game launched in 1999.
For over two decades, Neopets has thrived thanks to its robust community, dynamic user-created content, exciting gameplay, and an intricate world of evolving plots and storylines. Over 150 million users have embarked on adventures through the world of Neopia with their beloved (and adorably cute) Neopets by their side.
So, where does the whole “Metaverse” part of this come in? Gather round’, Neopians, and we will tell you a tale…
Somehow, somewhere, sometime, possibly through the mysterious magical whims of the Faerie Queen Fyora or the nefarious machinations of the evil Dr. Frank Sloth (who can really say?), the Neopets Metaverse was born.
A parallel universe with all the exotic lands, species, and mysteries of the original Neopia, the Neopets Metaverse is a world filled with the prospect of adventure, exploration, and opportunity.
So what are you waiting for?! Join us in…
The Neopets Metaverse
Introducing Neopets Metaverse, a play-and-earn, community-driven virtual pet game based on the original Neopets classic. At its core, the Neopets Metaverse is a digital world in which players can raise, care for, customize, and battle with their Neopets while building, owning, and monetizing their gaming experiences on the blockchain.
With so many options, no two gameplay experiences are ever the same. The Neopets Metaverse boasts everything you’ve come to love about the original game plus so much more.
Navigate through a fully-realized world of Neopia, step into storefronts, chat with NPCs, and build on Lands of your own.
Featuring thrilling mini-games, electric PvP battles, a unique Neopet care, and customization system, and much more, the Neopets Metaverse offers a nostalgic but fresh Web3 gameplay experience guaranteed to wow veteran Neopians and newcomers alike.
The Neopets Metaverse will be a free-to-play game: casual, fun, and simple to navigate whether you’re a crypto native or not. At the same time, the Metaverse will create economic opportunities for those who want to play-and-earn!
Neopets Metaverse: Early Preview Trailer
Neopets Metaverse is inherently a decentralized, blockchain-based virtual world in which users can interact in a persistent 3D digital environment.
Expansive virtual worlds with full customization functionality have existed in limited forms (Massive Multiplayer Online (MMOs), proto-Metaverses like Second Life). However, the advent of blockchain-based GameFi projects has revolutionized the way game ecosystems work in a big way.
By taking the core tenets of a decentralized economy and applying them to the concept of the Metaverse, we’ve forged an all-encompassing virtual world. We aim to curate a true Metaverse experience through our integration of a blockchain-based economy, along with Web3 elements and interactive VR, AR, and MR formats. Have you ever wanted to shoo your Blumaroo off the couch? With AR, anything is possible.
- Your actions bear weight on the game, lore, and outcome of the story. It’s a living experience in that the ecosystem evolves along with player actions. By means of intricate Neopian plots, evolving storylines, or player-directed content, the Metaverse will truly be permanently shaped by Neopians.
- No do-overs. It’s a persistent ecosystem with consequences and implications (the game state doesn’t reset).
- Navigate the Neopets Metaverse economy. There is a fully functioning economy in which players can buy, sell, and utilize blockchain-based assets (NFTs) that both provide gameplay utility and act as a store of digital value.
- Open your mind to Neopia in multiple formats. It has the potential to span both digital worlds and the physical world through future VR, AR, and MR compatibility.
- It provides a degree of interoperability between digital items and gameplay content.
- It has both user-created content and a community-driven economy that shapes future gameplay experiences and the development of the world itself.